Criteria For Selection/Rejection Of Articles In Scientific Section
By: Mir Azam Khan
(click here to download MS word file)
1. Articles which include original reports or replications of original research, literature reviews, case studies, theoretical reviews and bibliographies, would be preferred, provided that there are appropriate references given
2. Articles which are formed from editorials, news items, papers which are not published, anecdotal reports or articles, personal reminiscences, pseudo science, fringe science and recipe remedies will not be considered publishing material. However, articles on traditional therapies and a comparison of traditional and modern medicine will be entertained.
3. Articles should provide the readers with knowledge of new medical technologies and how are they shaping the new direction of medical science.
4. Articles should not be plagiarized.
5. Timely submission / early submission will be preferred over the others.
6. The text must be in digital format / sent via email to Hayyan.
7. The text should not contain racism / gender bias / religious bias or other immoral and unethical content.
8. The text must be accurate in terms of factual information, and if quoting, the exact words must be quoted/dates and statistics must be accurate.
9. The text must be of high quality, grammatically, literally, esthetically, the text must have substance.
10. The text must contain a take away theme, and lesson for the reader
11. The text must be of value to the reader professionally, ethically, and morally.
12. The conclusions should be based on scientific, valid arguments, supported by facts. The text must have a conclusion.
13. The text must have a central theme, a driving force, an arrogant streak, to deliver a convincing argument for it to be thought provoking.
14. The word limit for the articles would be 600 - 1200 words.