Criteria For Selection/Rejection Of Articles In English Section
By: Sohaib Ali
(click here to download MS Word file)
- The elements of the text must have unity, and writing flow must have coherence.
- The writer should be as concise as possible, the text must reflect conciseness.
- The text must have focus and in case of additional information, the articles should not lose focus to supplement or support additional information.
- There must be organization in the text, a cohesive picture, no confused jumble, order is necessary.
- The writer writing style should reflect his / her personality, a uniqueness, and a try at professionalism.
- No plagiarism. Originality will be preferred.
- Timely submission / early submission will be preferred over the others.
- The text must be appropriate and adhere to the moral norms and steer clear of moral and social taboos. / no racism / gender bias / or religious bias will be entertained.
- The text must be accurate in terms of factual information, and if quoting, exact citation is important, / dates and statistics must be accurate.
- The text must be of high quality, grammatically, literally, aesthetically, the text must have substance.
- The text must be of value to the reader, professionally , ethically, morally.
- The text may contain bullet-ed learning points, sidebars, supplemental material.
- The text must have a central theme, the conclusions should be based on scientific, valid arguments, supported by facts, it must have a take away value to the reader.
- Articles with personal experiences and constructive humor will take precedent, much preferable.
- Word limit for articles is 1200 words and for poems, 500 words.
- Text must be in digital format / emailed on the Hayyan email ID (click here for contact details) or can be given to the editors directly (click here to view editorial board)
- Poems should have a central theme and a message to the reader.
- Humorous content should be original and genuinely humorous.